Working in construction


It takes time to adjust to living and working in a new country, and good information can help. This guide has information to prepare you for working in the New Zealand construction industry.

Download the guide

The content on this page is available as a booklet. Download it now in:

English (pdf, 2mb)

Tagalog (pdf, 2mb)

This guide contains information about working on a New Zealand construction site, living in New Zealand, bringing family to New Zealand, language on the construction site, New Zealand safety standards and where you can go for information.

Interested in coming to New Zealand?

Register with us and you’ll receive great info on jobs and upcoming events.


Help us improve New Zealand Now

Your feedback is very important in helping us improve the New Zealand Now website. Please don’t include any personal or financial information.