A great place for business
The inbuilt advantages of a fertile land and a well-educated, flexible workforce plus governments committed to growth and innovation combine to make New Zealand a great place for business.
New Zealand is the hidden secret.
The attractions of New Zealand’s business environment are recognised in a wide range of international indicators. For example:
- The World Bank’s 'Doing Business 2018' report ranked us the world’s easiest country to do business in
- The Legatum Institute ranked us second overall in its overall Prosperity Index
- Forbes ranked us number two on its Best Countries fo Business 2018
- Milkin’s Global Opportunity Index ranked us the world’s third most attractive destination for investors in 2016
- HSBC’s 2017 Expat Explorer survey ranked New Zealand first in the world for entrepreneurship.
Where business and lifestyle combine
Along with great investment and entrepreneurial opportunities New Zealand offers the attractions of wide-open spaces and world-beating lifestyle, adventure and recreational opportunities for you, your partner and family.
Imagine a place where you can work to the highest professional standards, then in half an hour or less be relaxing on a beach or boat, hiking through beautiful native bush, pounding down a mountain bike track or just chilling with friends in your back garden over a fine New Zealand wine. That’s what you can look forward to when you bring your funds and skills to New Zealand.
The New Zealand economy recovered well after the 2008/09 recession, which was shallow compared to other advanced economies. Annual growth has averaged 2.1% since March 2010, demonstrating the economy's resilience.
Looking ahead, the Government expects average growth for 2018 will come in at over 3%, and is expected to reach 3.8% in 2019.
Find out more about New Zealand's economy.