Global Impact Visa (GIVs)
If you're a high impact entrepreneur or investor looking to create scalable, positive global impact, our new Global Impact Visa (GIVs) could be for you.
Immigration New Zealand has partnered with the Edmund Hillary Fellowship (EHF) to deliver this innovative new visa, designed to attract talented and visionary entrepreneurs, investors and start-up teams with the drive and capabilities to create innovation-based ventures in New Zealand.
The Fellowship is a 3-year programme that provides up to 400 impact-driven entrepreneurs, investors and start-up teams with a platform to incubate global impact ventures from New Zealand.
There are two stages to the application process:
- Submit an application, and be accepted into, the Edmund Hillary Fellowship
- Apply for a Global Impact Visa.
The Edmund Hillary Fellowship
Before you can apply for a Global Impact Visa you must be accepted into the Edmund Hillary Fellowship. The Fellowship selection process occurs twice a year, after which successful applicants will be sent a Letter of Offer and invited to apply for a Global Impact Visa.
Participation in the programme provides Fellows with:
- Access to a supportive local and global network of investors, advisors, partners and mentors
- A community of visionary entrepreneurial leaders and a diverse group of Fellows in each cohort
- Connection to centres of excellence in different regions of New Zealand
- Regular events, demo days, retreats learning and sharing opportunities, and a platform to tell your story
- Help to identify the best integration support for yourself and immediate family
- Access to investment and scaling opportunities in NZ and overseas
- Access to top talent, universities, accelerators and incubators, policy makers, investment and Research & Development grants.
The Fellowship has 100 places available each year for international candidates, and will also accept up to 20 New Zealand entrepreneurs and investors every year.
Who is EHF looking for?
People solving problems of significance to humanity in a way that creates positive lasting economic, social and environmental value. EHF welcome applicants from all backgrounds and stages of the entrepreneurial journey to apply.
Global Impact Visa (GIVs)
Once nominated for acceptance into EHF, candidates are invited to apply for a Global Impact Visa to live and work in New Zealand, on a three-year open work visa.
Requirements for this visa include:
A Letter of Offer from EHF
NZ$36,000 maintenance funds to support you and your family for the first year
Health, character and English language requirements.
If you have family they will need to apply for visas under the Partnership and Dependent Child categories.
Join a global community of entrepreneurial
leaders working together to impact the course of humanity from New Zealand.
Residence for EHF Fellows
Upon completion of the three-year programme, international Fellows become part of the EHF alumni community, and are eligible to apply for New Zealand permanent resident visas.
To be eligible for permanent residence, you must remain in the Edmund Hillary Fellowship for 30 months before applying, and maintain the support of the Edmund Hillary Fellowship.
Other visas to consider
Looking to invest and gain residence?
If you're looking to invest at least NZ$1.5 million in bonds, stock or other investments, you may be eligible for an investor visa.
Looking to own and work in a business?
If you want to work full-time in a business you own, our Entrepreneur visas are worth exploring.